• Chào mừng bạn Khách đến với diễn đàn, chúc bạn vui vẻ sinh hoạt cùng cộng đồng Vietpet.
    Diễn đàn đã có sẵn cơ sở dữ liệu tương đối lớn về các vấn đề thường gặp như thú y, huấn luyện, chăm sóc thú cưng..., bạn Khách vui lòng tìm đọc kỹ trước khi gửi câu hỏi.
    Lưu ý: Diễn đàn không chấp nhận ngôn ngữ chat, bài viết không có nội dung ( bài spam).

Top 10 Dog Diseases of 2008

chienvet

Chuyên gia thú y
Hichien

What illnesses are the most common among dogs? Do you know? I recently reviewed the top 10 medical conditions that dogs were treated for in 2008 and I want to share them with you today.

Many of conditions on the list are chronic conditions that often require repeat vet visits to treat and control. Any and all of these conditions can be expensive to treat. This is especially true if you need to return to your vet on a regular basis to deal with the chronic nature of these medical conditions.

Here is the list - Top 10 Canine Conditions of 2008 - based on pet insurance claims filed last year.

1. Ear Infections - the most common symptoms are red, itchy or smelly ears
2. Skin Allergies - the most common symptoms are red skin, hair loss, itching
3. Pyoderma/Hot Spots - the most common symptom is a hairless, moist, painful area on the skin, often on the neck or rear end
4. Gastritis/Vomiting - the most common sign is vomiting and/or lack of appetite
5. Enteritis/Diarrhea - the most common symptom is loose or frequent stools
6. Urinary Tract Infections - the most common symptoms are frequent urination, inappropriate urination, or bloody urine
7. Benign Skin Tumors - the most common symptom is an abnormal lump or growth on or under the skin
8. Osteoarthritis - the most common symptoms are lameness, trouble getting up or walking
9. Eye Inflammation - the most common symptoms are a red, irritated or painful eye
10. Hypothyroidism - the most common symptoms are hair loss and weight gain

This is a letter Dr.Jon ( US) sent to me.

greenvet-hanoi

Chuyên gia thú y
Hichien

What illnesses are the most common among dogs? Do you know? I recently reviewed the top 10 medical conditions that dogs were treated for in 2008 and I want to share them with you today.

Many of conditions on the list are chronic conditions that often require repeat vet visits to treat and control. Any and all of these conditions can be expensive to treat. This is especially true if you need to return to your vet on a regular basis to deal with the chronic nature of these medical conditions.

Here is the list - Top 10 Canine Conditions of 2008 - based on pet insurance claims filed last year.

1. Ear Infections - the most common symptoms are red, itchy or smelly ears
2. Skin Allergies - the most common symptoms are red skin, hair loss, itching
3. Pyoderma/Hot Spots - the most common symptom is a hairless, moist, painful area on the skin, often on the neck or rear end
4. Gastritis/Vomiting - the most common sign is vomiting and/or lack of appetite
5. Enteritis/Diarrhea - the most common symptom is loose or frequent stools
6. Urinary Tract Infections - the most common symptoms are frequent urination, inappropriate urination, or bloody urine
7. Benign Skin Tumors - the most common symptom is an abnormal lump or growth on or under the skin
8. Osteoarthritis - the most common symptoms are lameness, trouble getting up or walking
9. Eye Inflammation - the most common symptoms are a red, irritated or painful eye
10. Hypothyroidism - the most common symptoms are hair loss and weight gain

This is a letter Dr.Jon ( US) sent to me.

The above said is in USA. Since The Infectious Diseases in dogs such as : Canine Distember, Parvovirus, Kennel Cough, Hepatitis ...are still big problems in Vietnam so they should be on the top of the list of the most common among dogs .