• Chào mừng bạn Khách đến với diễn đàn, chúc bạn vui vẻ sinh hoạt cùng cộng đồng Vietpet.
    Diễn đàn đã có sẵn cơ sở dữ liệu tương đối lớn về các vấn đề thường gặp như thú y, huấn luyện, chăm sóc thú cưng..., bạn Khách vui lòng tìm đọc kỹ trước khi gửi câu hỏi.
    Lưu ý: Diễn đàn không chấp nhận ngôn ngữ chat, bài viết không có nội dung ( bài spam).

Please read this.

Vipz.14

Welcome everybody, I am Lê Hạnh Hiền Minh, 17 years old and studying at Middleton Grange International College - A Christian school in Christchurch, New Zealand - where occured the 6.3 richter earthquake last February. I came to a Western country with a belief that you people are the role model of protecting pets and animals and I believe I can provide you the best knowledge about Vietnam, as well as Asia to you. I believe you are good people as you understand and follow Jesus - the only way to God. I open this topic first of all to tell you the situation I got on the last day of this first term at school, then come out an explanation as well as solution for this.

2 weeks ago, I was asked by a Christian friend: "Where are you from?" I answered him "I'm from Vietnam". Immediately, he asked me: "Do you people eat dog?". I was SHOCKED. I couldn't believe he had just asked me THAT. I asked him back: "Who told you that my people eat dog?". It was weird to me because this boy seemed to be very excited asking about this "tradition of Vietnam". He answered me that a couple of months ago, a group of Middleton Grange's prefects visited a Vietnamese school and was asked if they wanted to have dinner with the students there. The prefects said yes, and the Vietnamese students asked them "Do you know we have a tradition to have dog meat sometimes for dinner? We can have this special menu for our dinner, do you want some?" 80% of the prefects said "Yes", other said "No". I was totally Shocked while listening to this. I couldn't believe in my ears what I had just heard. Vietnamese students had just humiliated themselves and asked others from another country to join them. And yes, "others" joined them indeed. I asked the boy (he was one of the prefects who came to Vietnam at that time) "Why didn't you say 'No'? You also have Two dogs at home. Didn't you feel guilty or something?" He answered "I didn't know. What I thought was just: Dog meat in Vietnam was just a tradition - as you people explained it to us, I couldn't refuse if it was something related to tradition; and most of us just simply thought it was a dish, a kind of food as well as Pork meat. We didn't know." His answer surprised me. It was actually very understandable:

1. To be polite, have to follow some traditions of the country (these prefects came there to adapt some cutural exchanges --> Vietnamese students accidentally made their friends feel difficult to refuse)

2. It's just a kind of food. When they were not provided enough information about the source of food, they would just consider it as a new dish they hadn't ever tried before. And they would wanna try, obviously.

3. A lot of Vietnamese people is lack of knowledge particularly on this, about dog meat. So they also thought dog meat was normal, and they were too proud to introduce dog meat as a Vietnamese traditional dish.

What I mean by "knowledge about dog meat", I'm sure most of Vietpet members know, and We know it well. There is a huge majority of dogs and cats missing per day and hardly ever be found. Most of them were stolen for making illegal money. Or they were sold to someone else, or they were all turned to the hot "Vietnamese regular traditional dishes" then. Just imagine, if you lost your dog, you tried to find him, and he was actually in someone's stomach - how would you feel like? Or just like what I told the Christian boy after all those explanations: "You are having 2 dogs at home. Imagine if they were stolen, one day You came to a dog meat restaurant and had a dish there, you found out what you just ate were your dog. How would you react after? And if you have known how the dogs were killed, you wouldn't have eaten Dog meat". Moreover, if the dogs or the cats were not stolen, somehow they were transported from Thailand, China; or simply they were from some landfills - which means they are not healthy food. It would harm your health, your health would be accidentally infected, or poisoned.

Anyway, thanks to this situation, I understood a lot of things that I hadn't awared of before. There were other very simple reasons I didn't think about before I had come here. I apologized to you people if you got the same situation - some of our people "seduced" you to do the same thing. However, after reading my post, I expect from you your forgiveness, your respect of your own pets, your own country, and other countries else.

Your sincerely,

~!~ Vipz.14

Gemma

Welcome everybody, I am Lê Hạnh Hiền Minh, 17 years old and studying at Middleton Grange International College - A Christian school in Christchurch, New Zealand - where occured the 6.3 richter earthquake last February. I came to a Western country with a belief that you people are the role model of protecting pets and animals and I believe I can provide you the best knowledge about Vietnam, as well as Asia to you. I believe you are good people as you understand and follow Jesus - the only way to God. I open this topic first of all to tell you the situation I got on the last day of this first term at school, then come out an explanation as well as solution for this.

2 weeks ago, I was asked by a Christian friend: "Where are you from?" I answered him "I'm from Vietnam". Immediately, he asked me: "Do you people eat dog?". I was SHOCKED. I couldn't believe he had just asked me THAT. I asked him back: "Who told you that my people eat dog?". It was weird to me because this boy seemed to be very excited asking about this "tradition of Vietnam". He answered me that a couple of months ago, a group of Middleton Grange's prefects visited a Vietnamese school and was asked if they wanted to have dinner with the students there. The prefects said yes, and the Vietnamese students asked them "Do you know we have a tradition to have dog meat sometimes for dinner? We can have this special menu for our dinner, do you want some?" 80% of the prefects said "Yes", other said "No". I was totally Shocked while listening to this. I couldn't believe in my ears what I had just heard. Vietnamese students had just humiliated themselves and asked others from another country to join them. And yes, "others" joined them indeed. I asked the boy (he was one of the prefects who came to Vietnam at that time) "Why didn't you say 'No'? You also have Two dogs at home. Didn't you feel guilty or something?" He answered "I didn't know. What I thought was just: Dog meat in Vietnam was just a tradition - as you people explained it to us, I couldn't refuse if it was something related to tradition; and most of us just simply thought it was a dish, a kind of food as well as Pork meat. We didn't know." His answer surprised me. It was actually very understandable:

1. To be polite, have to follow some traditions of the country (these prefects came there to adapt some cutural exchanges --> Vietnamese students accidentally made their friends feel difficult to refuse)

2. It's just a kind of food. When they were not provided enough information about the source of food, they would just consider it as a new dish they hadn't ever tried before. And they would wanna try, obviously.

3. A lot of Vietnamese people is lack of knowledge particularly on this, about dog meat. So they also thought dog meat was normal, and they were too proud to introduce dog meat as a Vietnamese traditional dish.

What I mean by "knowledge about dog meat", I'm sure most of Vietpet members know, and We know it well. There is a huge majority of dogs and cats missing per day and hardly ever be found. Most of them were stolen for making illegal money. Or they were sold to someone else, or they were all turned to the hot "Vietnamese regular traditional dishes" then. Just imagine, if you lost your dog, you tried to find him, and he was actually in someone's stomach - how would you feel like? Or just like what I told the Christian boy after all those explanations: "You are having 2 dogs at home. Imagine if they were stolen, one day You came to a dog meat restaurant and had a dish there, you found out what you just ate were your dog. How would you react after? And if you have known how the dogs were killed, you wouldn't have eaten Dog meat". Moreover, if the dogs or the cats were not stolen, somehow they were transported from Thailand, China; or simply they were from some landfills - which means they are not healthy food. It would harm your health, your health would be accidentally infected, or poisoned.

Anyway, thanks to this situation, I understood a lot of things that I hadn't awared of before. There were other very simple reasons I didn't think about before I had come here. I apologized to you people if you got the same situation - some of our people "seduced" you to do the same thing. However, after reading my post, I expect from you your forgiveness, your respect of your own pets, your own country, and other countries else.

Your sincerely,

~!~ Vipz.14
Hi Hiền Minh and everybody here!

I didn't think you had go so far from our country to get good education in there, New Zealand. Thank you so much about your post! It's very good story to tell some here, who is not Vietnamese, to understand some more about our Vietnamese culture. It's so shy for us as everybody in the world just think eating dog meat is our traditional culture :blusshing::worried: I think, just because in the war before, we had no much food to eat in a long time and then we have to use any food we can. And some one just think "Oh, it's not my dog, just a dog that was stolen by bad boys and I can enjoy my dog meat dish like beef or pork meat... So we can not change that though of eating dog meat. Some thing we can do here that jsut try to tell people it's not our culture, just poor thinking of some one, not all of us - our People - Vietnamese... Still a lot of Vietnamese love dogs so much, just like western culture.

Thank you a lot to tell people about that. I hope we can meet some day to Canada and Lixu can meet each other too!

Best Regard
:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Gemma

Even Dog meat ( Thit Cho ) talked about on the Public comunication VTV3 in Vietnam !

Oh man! It's not so good so much! Have no idea with this stuff!!!
That why all of people on the world just keep thinking a bout our Vietnamese just like eating dog meat as like as it's our main dish and our traditional culture! :(:)(:)((^:)^^:)^^:)^

Vipz.14

Even Dog meat ( Thit Cho ) talked about on the Public comunication VTV3 in Vietnam !

VTV3 Game Show '1 vs. 100' at 20.00, 2 May 2011 with the question : ' How to cook dog meat ?

Please click VTV3 nói về "Thịt Chó" ! for the details.
'They' must be so proud of it.

It's true when people love to "breeze" all the good things, other bad things they try to hide. But ridiculously, 'these people' were too innocent to intergrate Dog Meat into a widespread game show on VTV3. Eating Dog is a Big issue. It is a very sensitive subject which should be expressed with great subtlety and a good purpose, not to stimulate the audience's excitement impartially. Moreover, We are proud of our Vietnamese tradition, because our tradition is Rich and Beautiful. Therefore, DO NOT add ANY of 'ANIMAL ABUSE CAMPAIGN' to it - It is 100% IRRELEVANT! If they cared how dogs and cats were treated before they had been turned to dishes, they would understand why I called that ANIMAL ABUSE. Do not Abuse animals when the world is using the best effort to Prevent it. Especially these dogs and cats are pets, are friends, are daughters, are sons, are SIBLINGS of us, were born in the same planet - Earth - our MOTHER. We already have CATTLE and POULTRY to full fill our nutrition life. DO NOT MAKE ANY OTHER SUFFER THE SAME PAIN JUST FOR YOUR BOTTOMLESS GREED. I wondered if the producers actually knew these, or they were not Intelligent enough be able to distinguish what was Right, what was Wrong - what was Good, what was Bad. They should use their head at least once. This example is the clearest evidence of lack of compassion and education.

I'm allergic to such "human being".

Phi Anh

Thanks for yr sharing story as well as yr thought on "dog meat" issue. I love dog, and other aminals. I am for not eat dog meat. But we cannot blame to some said students, as well as many Vietnamese people now eating dog meat. In VN now still dont have any regulations to forbit people eating dog meat. Not only dog meat but also dove, birds, cat, and many other animals. Am I right, Dr.Greenvet? All the pets or animals that you raise or take care or you like, you love can be your friends, but your friend only, not others' friend. My childhood on the buffalo's back. In my thought, my childhood and buffalo image are always beautiful and memorial. I can say my buffalo was very good friend. He carried me on the back while he eating and I reading book, singing...but I cannot stop or blame people eating buffalo meat.

What I mean in this comment is we should discuss, and to learn, to referent to good practices of others and have official voice out with authorities, with pet/animals protectors/orgainzations. And especially to bring this good thought to national eduction to drive the pupils/students/young generations...

Vipz.14

It's really difficult to talk to any individual person or individual group of people about this. What we need is actually a better education started from schools for younger generation. The National TV also shouldn't support Eating Dog Meat indirectly that way.

As Phi Anh said, buffalo is a friend to him as any other animals else. The buffalo in Vietnam is specially a familiar image to our people and a friend in our childhood memory. I respect his thought, I used to wonder his way, too. However, now I can explain why he can't stop others eating beef or pork meat, as I used to try to do that, too. Simply it's because human divided 2 types of meat that officially supported their nutrition life: Cattle and Poultry. Most people follow this well, they still respect both these kinds of animal and They don't abuse more animals which are not ranged in farm. Some others have some choices to be Vegetarians or even Fruitarians (- only eat fruit - I found in New Zealand). Vegetarians are divided to Vegan; Lacto-Ovo; Ovo; Lacto; Pisco and Semi/Demi. Each of them presented different choice of eating food (Drink milk + Milk products/ Eat eggs/ some eat fish but no milk ...etc). That helps, but not anyone can do that. Here in New Zealand there are some farms which breed animals by locked them in their own sized cages because it is easier to gain money. For example: They set a chicken in a cage. A small cage whose size is exactly the chicken's size. And the chicken lives that way all its life, no move, no activity else. When they spawned, the farmers just collect eggs and sell them. So here people are campaigning to Only buy Free Ranged Egg - means only buy eggs or products from cattle/poultry which are free ranged. It's one way to show respect to the animals that died to full fill human's life. Every little thing we can do, just do it. I'm just quite obsessed because we can't really "stop" it. We can just try our best to reduce the severity of the problem.

Vipz.14

Today on the way back home from school, I and my friend saw a British Short hair cat walking around the area. Normally, each of the pets here has its color around the neck to show that they have an owner. But this cat didn't have it. We wondered if she was a wild cat or she was lost from somebody. She was quite a grown-up, but she was extra thin and she ate grass around the place. She didn't scare or react to strangers like us, but she wanted us to caress her and follow us home. We fed her food and water, she ate quite fast - she was really hungry and thirsty. What we could do was to call the animal protection service, they came and took good care of this cat with other lost animals. It's gonna be Winter in New Zealand soon, but this animal protection service place has heaters, pillows, warm and soft places for each of the animal, provides good foods and drinks for each of them to ensure they are save and their lives are good. It's really nice to see these places and the compassion between human and animals here. Warm up the whole freezing air.