• Chào mừng bạn Khách đến với diễn đàn, chúc bạn vui vẻ sinh hoạt cùng cộng đồng Vietpet.
    Diễn đàn đã có sẵn cơ sở dữ liệu tương đối lớn về các vấn đề thường gặp như thú y, huấn luyện, chăm sóc thú cưng..., bạn Khách vui lòng tìm đọc kỹ trước khi gửi câu hỏi.
    Lưu ý: Diễn đàn không chấp nhận ngôn ngữ chat, bài viết không có nội dung ( bài spam).

Invitation to attend an offline morning with autistic kids

Hi everyone,

I'm Thu from Hanoi. I have a black Labrador, his name is Bin

I would like to invite international members of Vietpet to attend a small offline morning for autistic kids/kids with verbal problems. This initiative was originated from my reading on the Internet on how Labrador Retrievers, Golden Retrievers and other children-friendly dogs can be of assistance/comfort to autistic children.

The whole point of our coming get-together is just to give these autistic kids a joyful morning and hopefully to raise the awareness from their parents that they should spend more time with their kids and/or it may be a good idea to raise a dog to be the kid's friend.

I don't want to be ambitious on the first offline day and taking into account the issues of autistic kids being shy, I have only accepted the attendance from 6 autistic kids/parents. I hope you can bring your Labradors/Golden Retrievers/ Saint Bernard to the get-together to bring more fun to the kids.

Timing: 9am, Sunday 19 April 2009

Venue: The lawn next to Uncle Ho's Fig Tree in Thong Nhat Park (City Park) in Hanoi. As it has many gates, the best way is to enter the gate in the corner of Dai Co Viet and Le Duan Streets, turn right for 50 metres and you will be there. You can't miss it.

So far, I have received confirmation from our local dog lovers to bring 2 Labradors, 1 Golden Retrievers, 1 Weimaraner, 1 Rough Collie, 1 Cocker Spaniel and 1 Beijing to attend.

Financial contribution: None, I will bring some cupcakes and other members will bring water. You are more than welcome to bring anything you like but NO smoking please.

Dog handling: all dogs should have leash, muzzle and be handled by its master all the time.

Activities: We will let the kids familarise with the dogs then the main game for the morning is "Decorating your favourite dog". We have prepared ribbons, baloons, color papers for these kids to decorate. The funnier the dog is decorated, the better.

Please register with me:
Le Minh Thu
Mobi:0903436069
thucellogic@yahoo.com if you wish to bring your dogs along.

Your and your dogs' participation will surely bring fun and laughters to these kids and I greatly appreciate your kind attention to this email.

Cheers and all the best
Thu