• Chào mừng bạn Khách đến với diễn đàn, chúc bạn vui vẻ sinh hoạt cùng cộng đồng Vietpet.
    Diễn đàn đã có sẵn cơ sở dữ liệu tương đối lớn về các vấn đề thường gặp như thú y, huấn luyện, chăm sóc thú cưng..., bạn Khách vui lòng tìm đọc kỹ trước khi gửi câu hỏi.
    Lưu ý: Diễn đàn không chấp nhận ngôn ngữ chat, bài viết không có nội dung ( bài spam).

How to size a dog house

Kelvin Vu

Cấm truy cập vì vi phạm nội quy
Most often we use a dog's weight to determine the size needed. Unfortunately some dogs are tall and skinny, i.e., Doberman Pincers, so height requirements must also be considered. Ideally, the house needs to be just big enough for the dog to enter, turn around, and lie down. Anything larger is at your discretion, but during the colder months body heat retention is sacrificed.
Choosing the correct size house ensures the comfort for your dog. If you live in a region with severe winters, bigger is definitely NOT better. If your region has extremely mild winters, a house "larger than necessary" does not present a problem.
In our experience with dog houses, the A-B-C method is usually the most accurate for determining the correct size of doghouse for your dog.
The door height opening should be no less than three fourths (3/4) of the dog's shoulder to ground measurement. LARGE doors aren't necessary, and can let in more of the elements than necessary. Dogs typically "duck" to enter a dog house.
Example: If dog's "A" measurement is 19 inches, the door opening needs to be at least 14 inches tall.

The width and length measurement of the house should be the same as or no more than 25% larger than (B), the nose to flank measurement (Tails don't count).
Example: If the dog's "B" measurement is 24 inches, the doghouse width and length should be no less than 24 inches and no more than 30 inches.

The height of the doghouse should be at least 25% (no more than 50%) taller than the height of the top of the dog's head to his toes (C). Again, this house measurement (C) can exceed the dog's total height (C) up to 50% and still maintain a good body heat retention factor during cold months.
Example: If the dog's height is 22 inches, then the total doghouse height should be approximately 28 to 33 inches.

Good luck to you !!!

Bryan_lam

Thank you for this information. Let me ask you a question, if you want to do anything more would take the tray and urine of dogs, then follow which size? The information on the image as a premise for the low-lying! correct?

Kelvin Vu

Cấm truy cập vì vi phạm nội quy
Thank you for this information. Let me ask you a question, if you want to do anything more would take the tray and urine of dogs, then follow which size? The information on the image as a premise for the low-lying! correct?
But I think we can attach the legs do and trough at the bottom. I think It will be okay, No prob. Good luck