• Chào mừng bạn Khách đến với diễn đàn, chúc bạn vui vẻ sinh hoạt cùng cộng đồng Vietpet.
    Diễn đàn đã có sẵn cơ sở dữ liệu tương đối lớn về các vấn đề thường gặp như thú y, huấn luyện, chăm sóc thú cưng..., bạn Khách vui lòng tìm đọc kỹ trước khi gửi câu hỏi.
    Lưu ý: Diễn đàn không chấp nhận ngôn ngữ chat, bài viết không có nội dung ( bài spam).

Dog walker in New York

greenvet-hanoi

Chuyên gia thú y
Dog walker in New York

12-17-2008 16:25

Dog walker: A dog walker pushes a child in a stroller while taking customers’ dog for a walk in New York, Tuesday. To cope with their busy schedules, New Yorkers regularly hire people to walk their dogs, either individually or by group, for a fee ranging from $10 for a 30-minute group walk to higher rates for individual service.

AFP-Yonhap

Vipz.14

It's quite a good part-time job for students, hey. I want to apply for it, but my Student Visa doesn't allow me to work so I can't. I'm quite jealous because the people here can start working at the age of 15 (even in McDonald or KFC... several places else....) Anyway, the thought of walking 100 toy dogs at once would be hillarious =))

babytired

Well, you know the dog walkers not only have to walk the dog but also have to clean $%^& as well. 99% of the dogs will $%^ when they go for a walk and the walkers will get a fine if they leave the dogs' #$%^ on the footpath. Trust me... this job is not as good as it sounds.
To Vipz.14, can you apply for a working visa? in Aus, international students are allowed to apply for working visa but it restricts you to 20 hours a week. why don't you ring up immigration and ask them? Mcdonalds and KFC are not good they will pay you less than anywhere else. i can't believe they only pay a 15 yrs old kid $8-13 an hour--->suck!!!

Vipz.14

Well, you know the dog walkers not only have to walk the dog but also have to clean $%^& as well. 99% of the dogs will $%^ when they go for a walk and the walkers will get a fine if they leave the dogs' #$%^ on the footpath. Trust me... this job is not as good as it sounds.
To Vipz.14, can you apply for a working visa? in Aus, international students are allowed to apply for working visa but it restricts you to 20 hours a week. why don't you ring up immigration and ask them? Mcdonalds and KFC are not good they will pay you less than anywhere else. i can't believe they only pay a 15 yrs old kid $8-13 an hour--->suck!!!
Well, If I rang the immigration, it would slow down my Student Visa process there. What I did was to attach a private letter in my files to submit the aspiration to apply for a part time job in NZ. But they didn't accept. Some people succeeded, some didn't. I am only 17 years old, only when I'm 18 I can work in a foreign country, that was also what the immigration replied to me. At the moment, I don't need to do any part time job. I've already got college scholarship, I only have to spend money on homestay fee and other personal expenditures. What I want to do now is to 100% focus on studying. When my life is settled, I will get a long lasting job and that is reasonable.

By the way, 12NZD/hour for a 15 year old kid is not too hard to believe. It's actually very reasonable and not bad for a youngster. It's enough to spend unless he/she has other circumstances which require them to earn extra income. At the moment, though I'm not allowed to work, once a month I perform in a theater 3 times a day and I will get 150 - 200 NZD that day. When I'm good, I can make money by my own talent everywhere, everytime I want. It still relates to my study, improves my skills and pays me well. I will only take the part time job which helps my passion. I don't really need money, I only need to study.