• Chào mừng bạn Khách đến với diễn đàn, chúc bạn vui vẻ sinh hoạt cùng cộng đồng Vietpet.
    Diễn đàn đã có sẵn cơ sở dữ liệu tương đối lớn về các vấn đề thường gặp như thú y, huấn luyện, chăm sóc thú cưng..., bạn Khách vui lòng tìm đọc kỹ trước khi gửi câu hỏi.
    Lưu ý: Diễn đàn không chấp nhận ngôn ngữ chat, bài viết không có nội dung ( bài spam).

Do you remember me?

Phu Dung

Do You Remember Me?

I remember when you loved me, when you held me in your arms and snuggled me.
I remember when you stroked me and kissed me and told me how handsome I was.
I remember how you used to brush my coat and wipe me down with a soft cloth.
I remember sleeping next to you in a big bed, lying on your pillow beside your sweet smelling hair.
I remember the toys you bought me, how you played with me; oh! What joyful fun!
I remember how every morning I would purr and gently touch your cheek with my soft paw to awaken you.
I remember your sweet smile, and how you would sing out "good morning, my precious", when your eyes opened.
I remember the delicious food you used to give me, how there was always plenty to eat.
I remember how very much I loved you, adored you, worshiped you!
Do you remember me?

I remember when you brought the man home and introduced him to me.
I remember that you said he was your husband; that you loved him and that he would love me, too.
I remember that the man did not smell like a cat lover, but that if you loved him, then I would try to love him, too.
I remember that the man was loud and he would frighten me with his hard footsteps.
I remember that the man was not cruel to me, but indifferent to me as I begged him to stroke me.
I remember when the man said cats do not belong in the bedroom and then I no longer was allowed to sleep on your pillow.
I remember how I missed awakening you every morning.
Do you remember me?

I remember when you came home one day with a sweet smelling bundle in your arms.
I remember you held it gently, snuggled it closely and told me that it was your baby and that you loved it.
I remember thinking that if you loved it, I would love it, too.
I remember being curious about it and sniffing it often, for it smelled like you, but it was small like me.
I remember the man being fearful as I sniffed the baby. The man said that I would hurt the baby.
I remember being put outside, where I had never been before, and it scared me so badly!
I remember sitting on the porch, crying and begging you to let me back inside.
I remember that you never came to the door to let me in.
I remember that night when the other cats came,they watched me from the darkness and hissed at me.
I remember that I was so afraid they would hurt me; I had no claws and could not defend myself!
I remember huddling miserably against the door at night; afraid, and lonely.
I remember the man saying that I kept him awake at nights with my cries, so I had to go away.
I remember you putting me into a box, and that you would not even meet my eyes.
Do you remember me?

I remember being tossed from the moving car, box and all; and how much it hurt hitting the hard ground.
I remember escaping from the box and having no idea at all as to where I was; where you were.
I remember waiting there, for days, hoping you would come and save me.
I remember being hungry, thirsty, lost, alone, and afraid.
I remember looking for food, being so hungry, rummaging in garbage cans for something to eat.
I remember other cats chasing me, scratching me, and biting me because I was in their territory.
I remember trying to find you; scent you on the breeze. And I could not sense you anywhere.
I remember running and looking for you; running until my paws bled.
I remember how my once glossy coat became matted and dull; my once robust body, gaunt from hunger.
I remember the monster with the very bright eyes as it swooped down upon me in the road.
I remember the pain, horrible pain and the feel of my blood as it ran from my mouth.
I remember not being able to move; my legs did not work anymore.
I remember needing you more than I had ever needed you before in my life. And yet you did not come.
I remember how very much I loved you as I lay there dying alone, afraid, and in terrible pain.
Do you remember me?

Tiger

"This was written by me shortly after I treated a dying cat who, from all indications, had been dumped."

On TigerLady's site, she has a strong message that all of us should always keep in our minds and hearts, whether we are pet owners or know of an abused, neglected, wounded, or homeless animal. She states: "Did the above poem touch you in some way? Did it move your heart? Did it make you cry? Did it stir something inside of you to make you want to help? If so, then DO something. Do not just sit there and think about what you could, or might do to help abused animals. Get up off of your rump and actually DO something!!

"Contact your local Animal Control Office, your local chapter of the SPCA, or your local chapter of the Humane Society of the United States. You can also contact me via e-mail and I will point you to other volunteer organizations within your own area. The point is to ACT, not just to think. Open your mind, your heart, your home, and yes, sometimes even your wallet. Use your own unique abilities to help those who cannot help themselves.

"Please, for the love of God, always remember: animals are not disposable like so much refuse. They think, they feel, they remember, and they can be hurt."

From sniksnak.com

truong81

thanks Phu Dung for posting this. Although I'm not a cat person, but this poem moves me