• Chào mừng bạn Khách đến với diễn đàn, chúc bạn vui vẻ sinh hoạt cùng cộng đồng Vietpet.
    Diễn đàn đã có sẵn cơ sở dữ liệu tương đối lớn về các vấn đề thường gặp như thú y, huấn luyện, chăm sóc thú cưng..., bạn Khách vui lòng tìm đọc kỹ trước khi gửi câu hỏi.
    Lưu ý: Diễn đàn không chấp nhận ngôn ngữ chat, bài viết không có nội dung ( bài spam).

Videoclip: Cho chó uống thuốc như thế nào?

greenvet-hanoi

Chuyên gia thú y

Transcript: http://video.about.com/vetmedicine/How-to-Give-a-Dog-a-Pill.htm

How to Give a Dog a Pill

Hi! I'm Janet Tobiassen-Crosby, the Guide for veterinary medicine at About.com. Today I'm going to show you how to give your dog a pill.

Sometimes we need to give our dogs pills - it may be on a daily basis, for the rest of their life, or it may be a short time frame. Here are some helpful tips to make pill giving a little easier.

Check for Medicine Restrictions

As with anything about your own specific pet the most important thing is to check with your veterinarian to make the pill can be given with food and if there are any restrictions on the types of food the pill can be given and if the pill can be crushed or cut. Some pills are better left whole.

Disguising Dog Medicine

Some pills are also liquid. In that case if they are liquid or can be crushed and added to the food, the best thing to do is use a very tasty, smelly food in a small amount, with the medicine in it. That way you know that the dog has eaten the entire amount. Then offer the rest of the meal.

Give a Dog a Pill Without Food

If the pill cannot be given with food, I'm going to demonstrate how to just give a pill without food. If you're right handed, it's easiest to take your left hand over the top of your dogs muzzle and gently grab the lips, the flews over the teeth. That will both protect your hand and tell the dog not to bite too hard or close their mouth too suddenly.

Tip the nose up, and then with your right hand with the pill put it in the back of the throat, close the mouth and hold the nose up. You can blow a little gentle breath in to the nose or stroke the throat to encourage swallowing - but most dogs will swallow on their own.

Rewarding Dogs After Taking Medicine

If the medication your dog is taking can be given with food I always like to follow it up with a treat to make the whole pill giving experience a positive one.

The most important thing about medicating your dog is to make sure they do get the medication. So, it's important to watch for at least a minute or two afterwards to make sure that the pill has been taken.

Thanks for watching. To learn more please visit us on the Web at About.com.

hungkieu

Vậy là lâu nay mình thao tác đúng ,cho nó uống thuốc thấy rễ thật không phải cực như hồi trước

mon1910

toàn thấy chó to không. nhà em nuôi chihuahua đâu có cho uống như vậy được:(:)((

Ở nhà mình cho chó uống thuốc thường dùng ống tiêm bằng nhựa ( bỏ mũi kim chỉ dùng lại ống tiêm) bỏ thuốc vào và kê vào miệng chó và xịt thuốc vào họng,còn chú chó con của mình cho uống dễ hơn chó lớn cứ việc đưa thuốc trước mặt nó là nó tự liếm là nhai như kẹo.