• Chào mừng bạn Khách đến với diễn đàn, chúc bạn vui vẻ sinh hoạt cùng cộng đồng Vietpet.
    Diễn đàn đã có sẵn cơ sở dữ liệu tương đối lớn về các vấn đề thường gặp như thú y, huấn luyện, chăm sóc thú cưng..., bạn Khách vui lòng tìm đọc kỹ trước khi gửi câu hỏi.
    Lưu ý: Diễn đàn không chấp nhận ngôn ngữ chat, bài viết không có nội dung ( bài spam).

Before you buy, take or adopt a dog, PLEASE READ THIS LETTER!!

greenvet-hanoi

Chuyên gia thú y
Before you buy, take or adopt a dog, PLEASE READ THIS LETTER!!

I died today.

You got tired of me and took me to the shelter. They were overcrowded and I drew an unlucky number. I am in a black plastic bag in a landfill now.

Some other puppy will get the barely used leash you left. My collar was dirty and too small, but the lady took it off before she sent me to the Rainbow Bridge.

Would I still be at home if I hadn't chewed your shoe? I didn't know what it was, but it was leather, and it was on the floor. I was just playing. You forgot to get puppy toys.

Would I still be at home if I had been housebroken? Rubbing my nose in what I did only made me ashamed that I had to go at all. There are books and obedience teachers that would have taught you how to teach me to go to the door.

Would I still be at home if I hadn't brought fleas into the house? Without anti-flea medicine, I couldn't get them off of me after you left me in the yard for days.

Would I still be at home if I hadn't barked? I was only saying, "I'm scared, I'm lonely, I'm here, I'm here! I want to be your best friend."

Would I still be at home if I had made you happy? Hitting me didn't make me learn how.

Would I still be at home if you had taken the time to care for me and to teach manners to me? You didn't pay attention to me after the first week or so, but I spent all my time waiting for you to love me.

I died today.

Love,
Your Puppy

(author unknown)

A January 20, 2005 comment from a visitor to PGAA's site:

This should be read by anyone who is thinking of adopting a puppy or dog, this is the horrible truth when owner's do not want to take the time needed to own a puppy/dog.

I saw this happen here, I adopted a dog after my last dog passed away a co-worker thought it would be so neat to adopt a dog for her 3 year old daughter. Well after hearing her complain of dog hair and barking she did not tell me but she took that poor dog back to the Humane Society.

Owning a dog is a big responsibility and new owners need to be made aware of this, do not be ignorant and think that owning a dog is "neat", it's wonderful but you, anyone, being a responsible person need to treat the dog as a member of the family and the dog/puppy will need care and support, it's common sense.

Thank You,
Nancy

Source :http://www.pgaa.com/canine/general/idiedtoday.html

I cannot think that I am able to hate any dog. Whenever seeing a dog, I am always touched and want to hold it in my hands. Looking in it eyes, I can feel it's whole desire to be loved! Owning a dog is not a responsibility. A dog, whatever it is, is a gift that only lucky people have :)

123_meo_hoang

should some of us translate this and post in other Vietnamese topics? I think many other people will know about this touching letter!

Kelvin Vu

Cấm truy cập vì vi phạm nội quy
I'm in Heaven !!! (for our pets)

To my dearest family,some things I'd like to say.
But first of all, to let you know,that I arrived okay.
I'm writing this from the Bridge.
Here I dwell with God above.
Here there's no more tears of sadness.
Here is just eternal love.
Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight.
Remember that I am with you every morning, noon and night.
That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was through,
God picked me up and hugged me and He said, "I welcome you.
It's good to have you back again,you were missed while you were gone.
As for your dearest family,
They'll be here later on."
God gave me a list of things,that he wished for me to do.
And foremost on the list,was to watch and care for you.
And when you lie in bed at night the day's chores put to flight,
God and I are closest to you...in the middle of the night.
When you think of my life on earth,and all those loving years,because you are only human,they are bound to bring you tears.
But do not be afraid to cry:it does relieve the pain.
Remember there would be no flowers,unless there was some rain.
I wish that I could tell youall that God has planned.
If I were to tell you,you wouldn't understand.
But one thing is for certain,though my life on earth is o'er.
I'm closer to you now,
than I ever was before.
If you can help somebody
who's in sorrow and pain;
Then you can say to God at night...
"My day was not in vain."
And now I am contented...
that my life was worthwhile.
Knowing as I passed along
When you're walking down the street with me on your mind;
I'm walking in your footsteps only half a step behind."
"And when it's time for you to go...
from that body to be free.
Remember you're not going...
you're coming here to me."
source: BBC

Kelvin Vu

Cấm truy cập vì vi phạm nội quy
A letter to our pets

Dear Dogs and Cats:

When I say to move, it means go someplace else, not
switch positions with each other so there are still
two of you in the way.

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain
your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my
food. Please note, placing a pawprint in the middle
of my plate of food does not stake a claim for it
becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that
aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

cannot stress this enough. It would be such a
simple change for you.

To pacify you, I have posted the following message on
our front door.....

Rules for Non-pet owners who visit and like to
complain about our pets:

1. They live here. You don't.

2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay
off the furniture.

3. I like my pet better than I like most people. ;)

4. To you it's an animal. To me he/she is an adopted
son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours
and doesn't speak clearly. :D

5. Dogs and cats are better than kids. They eat
less, don't ask for money all the time, and are easier
to train. They usually come when called, never drive
your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends,don't
drink or smoke, don't worry about buying the latest
fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a
gazillion dollars for college, and if they get
pregnant, you can sell the results. :)

hermione

I cannot think that I am able to hate any dog. Whenever seeing a dog, I am always touched and want to hold it in my hands. Looking in it eyes, I can feel it's whole desire to be loved! Owning a dog is not a responsibility. A dog, whatever it is, is a gift that only lucky people have :)
Owning a dog involves a huge amount of responsibilities. Apart from affection (hugging, patting,...) dogs need a lot of training, exercising and proper care. Hope you'd have your own dog very soon :love struck:

Signorita

The tragedy is that in Vietnam, or so far as I know, in HCMC, there is absolutely no shelter for one to go and look to adopt a dog or cat. People eat them on sidewalks and looking proud with absolute ignorance that makes me shiver each time I walk by.
It is beautiful to find a website like this and learn that there are some fortunate dogs or cats out there. Eventhough I must say I have witnessed too many cases of pets owners being cruel, ignorant, or abusive to their pets, and animals in general.
Back to the main topic, except for one topic I found in the Cat lovers' forum where there's a fund to shelter abandoned cats, where else can I introduce people to adopt a pet or donate?
Once again, after all the beautiful poems above, where can one go to donate or adopt a pet without encouraging those horrible so-called "pet-shops" like those I found on Nguyen Tri Phuong st.?

greenvet-hanoi

Chuyên gia thú y
Thank you Signorita for the good idea. We are treating this then start a sub-box to donate or adopt a pet asap.

Best regards,

Dr. Greenvet-hanoi